[at-l] I'm okay....

First of all, I want to thank all of you who called me today either at home
or at work to express your concern about my safety.  For those of you who
don't know, I travel about 75% of the time and most of my friends and family
never know where I am and where I am going. Heck, half the time, I don't know
until a day or two ahead of time. I flew to Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon
and am staying just north of the city, attending meetings in one of our
offices here. It was a bit comforting to be in one of our offices rather than
one of my customers, although my heart goes out to everyone involved with
healthcare and emergency services right now. I have a background in EMS as
well as emergency nursing and while part of me feels a need to be helping,
there is a large part of me, somewhat ashamedly, which is glad I don't have
any direct involvement in these tragedies.

Right now, I am in my room in the hotel. It was eerie driving back here as
the city is fairly deserted on this gorgeous, sunny fall afternoon. They
pretty much closed down the city about noontime, although the streets were
gridlocked so we stayed put. No sense getting lost in that kind of traffic.
My plans to get home are up in the air now. My company has pretty much given
us liberty to do whatever we feel is necessary so I guess we will just stay
here until Friday as planned. From there...who knows? I am lucky and I know
just how lucky I am. One day at a time from here. My thoughts are with
everyone.

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html