[at-l] Tragedy

In my life, I can not think of anything that has been
as riviting  to the country in this way.

The Gulf War rivited the country's attention,  the
Challenger tragedy brought everything to a
standstill...but the impact of this was more like an
act of war.

At the local county airport (which can more or less be
seen from my office) an F-16 was seen intercepting a
commuter plane.  The country is unnerved...the phones
have rang maybe four times in this office, businesses
are closing early, no traffic is about.

I am just dumbfounded.

ps: here is a sight for constant newsfeed right from
the AP newswire. Network traffic has not bogged it
down:

http://www.masslive.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/pages/newsflash-national.html

=====