[at-l] What I Learned on my last hike

Excellent list and reports. I really find rain in cold easier to
tolerate than rain in temps above 75. It is easier to keep cool enough
to walk and perspire without feeling dragged down by the clothing and
gear. Nothing keeps boots dry, as your feet add about 500 to 1000cc
sweat a day, hence water proofing may make the situation worse. Are you
using gaitors, yet?

I know that David carries too much food. Guys, you have to walk with
him sometime. He carries enough rice and curry to keep Alexander the
Great's army well fed, and can tell you their menu! There might be some
left over for Gengis Khan and his merry men. When he gets his
condiments and food weights down, this guy will turn out to be one of
the strongest lightweight hikers around the South, but I hope he can
keep his menus filling, interesting and flavorful.

Congrats, and I hope that Phillip Morris keeps their distance from you!

Bill....