[at-l] check this out!!!

>  Nine pounds for combination of pad, sleeping bag and bivy is a lot
>better than what a lot of us carry for gear.
>OrangeBug
>
>At 07:58 AM 9/7/2001 -0700, kenneth knight wrote:
>>I think the combination of a Stpehenson, Feathered Freidns bag, and
>>Thermarest woudl be cheaper.

I haven't read the entire thread but here's what I use, FWIW:
thermarest ultralight - 1 lb.
Western Mountaineering bag, 20 degree, down - 2.25 lbs
Eureka Zephyr tent - 3.25 lbs

total is 6.5 lbs, more if I use a groundcloth. The tent was a $89
special at campmor, I've used it for 1100 trail miles, I like it. The
newest one is more $$ and heavier, it has more of a vestibule. The
bag was expensive but I've recently replaced all the down and it's
like new again. I forget what I paid for the ultralight, but
certainly the total for 3 pieces of gear was less than $400.
--
Arthur D. Gaudet         	"Is walking down called hiking, too?"
(RockDancer)  	                 -heard at the top of Mt Washington, NH