[at-l] LOTR The Movie: The bad news.....

--- The Lehmkuhl Family <lehmkuhl@gte.net> wrote:
> I agree since, and please correct me here, begging
> someone to correct me...I
> heard that they have written a female into the
> fellowship....please let it
> not be true...

Actually I'm pretty sure that is a big fat ugly
stinkin' rumor. There were rumors that Arwen in
particular was added to the fellowship. What I heard
(I've become a bit of a LoTR movie website junkie) was
that Peter Jackson had planned to take more liberties
with the story than he did; the Tolkien fans were
practically up in arms and there was a lot of pressure
from the fandom to stick more to the actual text. From
what I have heard, he has made an effort to do that.

I can totally understand Kahley not wanting to see
it--I am torn myself between not wanting the movie to
mar my own imaginative interpretation after many
readings, and curiosity to see how it is. I have only
seen one movie (the Russian version of "War and
Peace") in which the cast looked amazingly like I had
imagined the characters. The LoTR characters have been
pretty well picked, I think. I wasn't crazy about Liv
Tyler playing Arwen either, but who knows, maybe she
will surprise everyone.

Waterfall