[at-l] LNT And The AT

On Thursday, September 06, 2001 12:25 AM RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:=20
>There is no way that this personality is going to show any kind of =
weakness by scolding >his friends and scurrying to clean up the beer =
party mess upon breaking camp.=20
>Only low or weak people deal with trash. The trash stays behind. =
Besides you=20
>have to hit back for the entrance fee.

Totally NOT what I had surmised, but much more insightful and probably =
closer to the mark than my simplistic idea of ignorance.
Thank you RnR for the reply.  You've obviously spent some time on this =
one.

My next question is this:

If your assertion is correct, that people need to feel "mastery" over =
something which manifests as flagrant disregard of "city etiquette" =
while in the woods, is there a way to turn that need for mastery into =
stewardship rather than destruction (or defacement)?  To frame the =
question more clearly; Is there a way to instill a level of pride or =
mastery into the "citified folk" which manifests as care for the woods =
rather than disregard?

Thanks,

np

multipart/alternative