[at-l] New Gear

March 5-7 in the Smokies in 30 inch blizzard and -10 F wind chills in
shelters, I used a combination of 3/4 length Glidelite (the 2 inch
thick one) and a thick Ridgerest Ultra (the gray and purple one). That
along with a Western Mountaineering Puma bag kept me comfy and able to
keep all clothing dry. This was very comfortable in shelters, and later
in my Nomad - once I got to non-snow covered campsites. The biggest
problem with the Ridgerest was the bulk, but it provided a good place
to safely stick my instep crampons. I also strongly encourage sleeping
in a balacava. BTW, I am a proud ounce weenie.

If I were to camp in winter again, I will include some sort of snow
anchors for my Nomad (much warmer), and hopefully I won't go alone or
into a blizzard. YMMV

Bill...