[at-l] AT Hike in GA

Three days! I hope the weather is good, water is plentiful (should be)
and you are in good shape.

You might want to get her to meet some of us or contact other hiker
spouses. There is a bit of worry for our significant others as they
become educated to how the AT works, and how well you hike and handle
the trail. It is a good idea to make some plan to give her a
reward/distraction while you are away, maybe a day at a spa or visit
with family or an old friend.

I find I can reassure some friends and family by describing hiking
alone as similar to driving I-95 alone. You are never really far from
people for very long. Good luck and have fun!

Bill...