[at-l] The proper form of hiaku

artduck wrote:
>I am just an arts council executive, what do I know?
>>

>>Japanese haiku (a form of poetry) may look simple,but
>>it is actually very structured, with rules for
>>choosing a subject and the way you write about it. The classical form,
>>which goes back to the 15th
>>century, consists of as many as 100 verses in one
>>poem, with each verse having a set number of
>>syllables.   Often these poems were written by more
>>than one poet working together.

artduck -
These aren't directly Trail related - but for many of us they're certainly
"list-related".  This isn't original with me - it was sent by a friend.
Walk softly,
Jim
_______________________________________________________________________IIn
Japan, they have replaced the impersonal and unhelpful Microsoft Error
messages with Haiku poetry messages.

  Haiku poetry has strict construction rules.
  Each poem has only three lines, 17 syllables: five syllables in the
first line, seven in the second, five in the third.

  Haikus are used to communicate a timeless message, often achieving a
wistful, yearning and powerful insight through extreme brevity-the
essence of Zen:

Your file was so big.
It might be very useful.
But now it is gone.