-----Original Message-----
From: 	ALDHA [mailto:billo@aldha.org]
Sent:	Sunday, September 02, 2001 1:02 AM
To:	billo@aldha.org
Subject:	Gathering workshops

Hi everyone,

It's not too late if you want to present a workshop or slide show at this
year's Gathering. But you must act quickly, by e-mail, before the end of
this week. Final cutoff will be this Friday, Sept. 7.
Send an e-mail reply to this address listing the title of the presentation,
who will be the presenter, roughly how long it will be, and whether it will
have slides or other media, and then briefly describe what it will be about
so we can include a writeup in the program.
So far, we have about 40 workshops and/or slide shows on tap. A list of each
topic and the presenter follows. Avoiding duplication is good, but sometimes
it's not a bad idea to have more than one workshop on the same trail or
topic, especially if it's a popular trail. That gives participants another
option in the program when so many good things seem to be happening in the
same time slot.
These workshops are in addition to the evening programs we have lined up.
On Sunday night, we plan to have feature slide shows on Antarctica, the
Continental Divide and the Appalachian Trail.
Please note: So far, no one to my knowledge has come forward to offer a
workshop on the Pacific Crest Trail. We'd like to be able to offer that
again this year. It's one of the most popular workshops of the whole
weekend. If you have a solid presentation with slides that you and possibly
others would like to give, please let me know.
It would also be great to get a workshop this year on some trails we have
barely touched, if at all, in the past four Gatherings. Like the Buckeye
Trail in Ohio, the C&O Canal Towpath, the Great Smoky Mountains trail
system, the Ozark Trail and/or Ozark Highlands Trail, the Natchez Trace, or
the Mountains to the Sea Trail.
If you filled out a workshop form and recently mailed it to our N.H.
address, chances are it's still enroute to me. So don't be dismayed if you
don't see your name below.
I hope to have a program posted on the Web by about Sept. 12, although
specific room numbers won't be available until the actual program is
printed.
Thanks everybody!

TITLE					PRESENTER

A.T. Dreamers 			Class of 2001

A.T. Workshop			Warren Doyle

South Carolina's Foothills Trail		Don & Jean Arthur

CDT workshop w/slides		David Patterson

Mount Washington slides		Richard Bailey

John Muir Trail w/slides		Stacey Mikkalsen

New Zealand w/slides			Karen Berger, Dan Smith

Bear Bagging demo			George Woodward

Bartram Trail, N.C.			Henry Edwards

Medical Issues w/slides		Dr. Gary Buffington

Lightweight Backpacking		John O'Mahoney

Lightweight Backpacking		Cesar Becera, Maud Dillingham

Will I see a Bear?*			Jack Tarlin

(*And Other Frequently Asked Questions)
Nutrition				Sue Spring

Food for Backpackers			Stacey Mikkalsen

Trail Issues				Stacey Mikkalsen

The Cohos Trail, N.H.			Kim Robert Nilsen

Volunteer Vacations			Richard Greve

Winter Alternatives on the AT		Richard Greve

Pennine Way in England		Richard Greve

Tuscarora Trail				"Chase" Davidson

"Thorough Hiking" the A.T.		Maud Dillingham, Cesar Becerra

Wilderness Medicine			David Gwinn

Hiking With Toddlers			Jason Lang & Germaine Chapman
					(and their folks)

Pennies from Heaven			Karen Sousa

Trail Stories				Warren Doyle

1985 A.T. Thru-Hike			Raven

Isle Royale Park slide show		Raven

Hiking in France			Todd & Cindy Taska

How to hike the LT at age 7		Tom, Connor & Cole McGinnis

Camino de Santiago, Spain		Sue & Rich Freeman

International A.T.			Suzanne Goulet

International A.T.			Henry Edwards

GR-20 on Corsica			Suzanne Goulet

Wonderland Trail w/slides		Nancy Lake

Centennial Trail w/slides 		Richard Sklar

(and the Maah Daah Trail)
25,000 miles on the A.T. w/slides	Warren Doyle

"Circle of Dreams" video, talk		Warren Doyle

A.T. Slide Show			Mike Henderson

Colorado Trail workshop w/slides	David Jones

 From Journal to Manuscript		Robert Rubin

Peaks for Progress video footage	Cesar Becera, Maud Dillingham