[at-l] My almost-Smokies weekend

Drive. Rain. Drive. Rain rain rain rain rain. Drive Drive.

Float up onto Stone Mountain in a Skylift, Mom's eyes shut tightly. Walk
around the massive rock in the rain with Dad, while Mom stays firmly inside
the building, dizzy.

Drive. Drive. Rain rain. Rain rain rain rain rain. Watch "smoke" rising from
the mountains around Chattanooga, pull in to Sweetwater in the driving rain.

Spend next two rainy days making up lost years with relatives from NY, KS,
and TN. Visit Lost Sea. Imagine driving to Fontana Dam but give up the notion
because the rain won't stop. Visit flea markets and antique shops instead
with parents. Had the best durned ice cream in TN, my cousin makes it at the
Tic Toc in Loudon, TN. Celebrated their last day of the season. Ate TN BBQ.

Drive drive drive home X 12 hours. Eyes buggy from staring at road. Rain rain
rain. Drive. Collapse into bed. Zzzzz.

My weekend (barely trail related, except for TN, GA, and wishing to be
hiking),
Respectfully submitted, Navigator