[at-l] The list

Old Grey Owl hikes into the shelter.  It has been a hot day and his
feet are hurting.  The rocks have not been too bad because he is
used to hiking in PA..  In the shelter are two sections hikers.  Old
Grey needs water and asks them where is the water source.  They
pointed the direction for me to go.  After returning from filling my
water bottles they ask me which direction I came from and found
out that I had hike the section that they were hiking the next days
so they asked a few questions about the trail ahead of them.   The
group of tents by the shelter belong to the Boy Scouts and the
Scout Master comes by.  He notices I am wearing a scouting shirt
and we talk about scouts.  Another person walks up to the shelter
and yells,"Hey Grey Owl, haven't seen you in ages."  We talk and
he/she shows me a good spot to put up my tarp.  After setting up
camp we all meet back at the shelter and prepare our meals.  We
talk of many things, the trail, food, life, etc.  The scouts had
brought the makings of S'mores and offers them to everyone
around the table.

The next morning was sort of repeat of the previous evening.  Old
Grey Owl gets up early in the morning so he has coffee going when
the other adults wake up.  The two section hikers haven't had
coffee in a week and Grey Owl shares his coffee.  The scouts have
a quick breakfast and police up the area.  As they are going to be
leaving the trail today they offer to haul out the section hikers trash.
 Every one departs wishing each other good luck on the hike and
hope to meet them again on the trail.  We are all off on our hikes
again after an enjoyable evening and morning at the shelter.

This is a familiar story for those of use who have been on this list.
Replace the shelter with the list and this was the way it use to be
several years ago.

Grey Owl
AKA Bob Dudley