[at-l] State of the List

----- Original Message -----
From: <RoksnRoots@aol.com>
To: <AT-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] State of the List

> In a message dated 9/4/01 4:45:59 PM, RoksnRoots writes:
>

>     I seem to detect 2 messages happening here. I've been told my main
fault
> was not showing respect to AT-L members and that members try and show
respect
> as a forum desired level of interaction. OK. Now you are saying it isn't
> possible. Which is it?
>

>    The offense here is not occasionally getting rankled over conflicting
> opinions. The offense is the forced suggestion that somehow this Trail
> dialogue stands in conflict with the other list traffic and detracts from
it.
> I see members making efforts to disparage and undermine this function by
> making emotional appeals against its alleged effect on the list, or by
> suggesting unsound motives etc. Believe it or not, I enjoy the hike
reports
> and other posts. I don't think the drive to keep the site exclusively to
this
> is fair or even necessary.

Kind of like being on a train and can't get the kind of beer you want in the
club car.  Then all the other passengers tell you that you need to "get your
ticket punched"   So you just remain on the train, hoping that one of the
other listers will toss a sandwich to you as you roar through their
station...Sometimes the sandwich is not tasty and sometimes it makes you
full and you think kind thoughts.  Get outta here!   VBG