[at-l] LNT was AT-L And The AT

The amount of litter on a trail depends on its proximity to those
attractions that draw non backpackers (the definition of backpackers does
not include those who use a backpack to transport their beer to the party
site).  Over the years I have done much hiking on the trails in Harriman
Park, NY including the AT which runs through it.  Prime example would be
the Red Cross trail.  From 7 lakes drive, near tiorati circle (picnic
area, swimming et al) to the crossing of Tiorati Brook road I would fill a
couple of garbage bags on each hike.  past Tiorati Brook road the same
distance would yield considerable less trash.  comparing a trail in
Indiana which may lead from a picnic area to a stretch fo the AT in the
Shenandoahs may possibly be unfair due to accessibility by "civilians"
Just my 2 cents
Rich