[at-l] tents

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  Tarps won't meet
the entire need during inclement weather, though that
is the temporary solution I have been using during the
summer.  I tried a tent was designed to see out the
top (two man) but when a thunderstorm hit, he could
not tolerate being in the tent. We go hiking/camping
just about every weekend together.  This little glitch
has prevented me from planning any extended
backpacking trips with him.  Thus far it is easy to
get back to the car but I like to take the kind of
trips that you LEAVE the car behind.
He designed his own house. I never connected this
problem with the fact that every room he uses has at
least one wall of glass.  Even the bathrooms have sky
domes.  So this is phobia is more than minor.  I think
we will look for the lightest/largest dome tent we can
find for a try.
Thanks again for the suggestions.
artduck

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/tents/tensile/000357.html