Re[4]: [at-l] AT-L And The AT

"I've been on this list for
nearly six years and you're the first person to EVER show such disrespect
for others on the list as to call their ideas or arguments "silly".  You've
made a habit of it - it's a bad habit," says Jim or Ginny

I just scanned my contributions to this list since I joined last May after Wingfoot ousted me from
Trailplace for the second time. Among the 200 or more
postings, I didn't count, I found silly used three times. I might have missed one or two more.
Somehow my words
of wisdom seem pretty boring on a rereading and I didn't get all the way to the bottom of some of
them.

The first use of that offensive word that I found was when some one urged me to "bug off commie." I replied I
thought it was silly how some folks argued and voted against their own best interest. Another time I called Cliff
Haynes' claim that out of staters make harvesting of wood impossible in Maine "silly," since in fact Maine
loggers harvest a million cords more than grows each year. I since have concluded Cliff is not silly, but very wise,
as evidenced by the fact that we both use Zip Stoves and wear cotton in the woods. He may be just misinformed about the
nature of the out-of-staters and wood harvesting.

Finally, when someone questioned me about what I meant in a reply to OB, I said I meant his
comment was silly, but had tried to couch my reply in more polite if confusing words.

I'm sorry about this obnoxious habit and will try to do better. By the way, I found a couple of
times where you and others had used that disrespectful term in relationship to the AT List. We must all
try diligently to do better. Let's have no more silliness on this list.

Weary
Bob