[at-l] [cue background screams, fade in to gray cubicle] REENTRY JOURNAL

                 *EXPLICATING "MARKET PRICE"*

The "infinite number of traders" assumption is very important to the
concept of market price because it allows you to conclude that the market
(with all traders represented) arrives at the *equilibrium* market price
by way of an *infinite* number of trades. "Equilibrium market price" is
the full and correct phrase to describe that monetized value which is
representative of the combined pressures of the market's traders; we
shorten the phrase to "market price" at peril of confusion. Respondent's
testimony is replete with such confusion, and the conclusions are thereby
and fundamentally flawed and should thus be discarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twenty-two years ago, I was one week away from completing my AT
throughhike. What a LONG, strange trip it's been. WALSTIB. And by Jingo,
that's what I'm listening to as I work tonight: "Truckin'", from the April
26, 1972 Dead show in West Germany.

Twenty-two years ago, I was scared, confident, dreading the end, and
craving the climb. I was not clean, but I wasn't dirty, either, even being
away from hot water for ... well, I took 8 or 9 showers in the second half
of my throughhike. That's not bad, is it? My gorp had been put together
six weeks prior, and the peanuts were now... chewy. My boots' innards were
disintegrating -- why not? They'd had almost 3,000 miles put on 'em at
that point. I so looked forward to starting college, but the idea of being
a student (which I'd NEVER been before) left me nautious. I wanted the
regularity that I suspected "school" to be, yet I'd promised myself that
if I saw a "Help Wanted" ad on my way through Millinocket that I'd stop
and get the job, and be hiking the Pacific Crest seven months later.......

WALSTIB.

I could really use a beer right now.

I want to go to the Gathering. Now.
I want to smell autumn in the air.
I want to go hike in the Whites.
I want to bring my kids to the (now remote) spot on the Swift River where
I fell profoundly in love with living out-of-doors, and with looking up at
mountains and feeling the pull to walk to them, to traverse the distance
*on*foot.* Hey, what would make someone *want* to do that?
I want to hike this Christmas. Where? How far? "Stroll" or "Crank"?
What *is* next?

Just how far is it between "equilibrium market price" and bliss?

I could really use a beer right now. Or a hike. Yeah, I could use a hike.
I could really use a long, strange trip.

Sloetoe
(getting back to work)
(no closer to getting back on list, btw...)

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!