Re[2]: [at-l] State of the List

In a message dated 9/4/01 6:37:43 PM, spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

<< I've been on this list for
nearly six years and you're the first person to EVER show such disrespect
for others on the list as to call their ideas or arguments "silly". >>

    I won't go back and retrieve some of the overwhelming words of kindness
poured out on me by List members clearly practicing their own version of
friendliness, but honestly Jim, who are you trying to fool? I suppose I am
now being "troublesome", and filtering is easier than admitting this, but
when Weary said those things I thought he was being diplomatic. Weary's
"silly" is one of the more harmless examples.  Being upset over the word
"silly" makes this cry for List pleasantness look silly... Honestly.