Re[2]: [at-l] State of the List

Hey, guys. I hate complaints about anonymous members of this list. I know I'm not particularly into
smashmellows. If this makes me part of the problem, please say so. And I'll use greater restraint. I
won't chit chat. But I will from time to time comment on those things that strike me as critically
important -- such as whether government agencies should continue to buy buffers to protect a hiker's
sense of wildness on the trail.

Is that what people are upset over -- those of us who think protection of the trail warrants equal
time with questions of gear lists and reports of hikes on the trail, that others have protected
through their sometimes offensive efforts?

Weary