[at-l] ice axes

Sorry> I should have been replying to ice axes. When I was into winter mountaineering we used to practice self arrest on the steep slope of a
snow-covered gravel pit. The idea was to trip someone unexpectedly to train their reflexes to stop a
dangerous slide. Remember on an icy summit, if you fall you are accelerating at close to 32 feet per second,
per second. (high school physics)

In particularly dangerous situations you have less than a second to stop your slide, or its too
late. Human arms are not powerful enough to stop a body in what can be essentially a free fall.

Weary