[at-l] ice axes

In a message dated 9/3/2001 4:09:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wb4pan@mindspring.com writes:

> I axe you are the needed on the PCT and CDT

Addendum.

I didn't have snow baskets on my Lekis, only mud baskets.  I kept the basket
on the long downhill side so my pole wouldn't sink into the snow causing me
to lose balance.  On the short uphill side, I removed the basket with
thoughts of belaying if I started to slip.  Of course, the wiser hikers from
the pct-l, thought I was nuts and that my Leki would have snapped like a twig
if I ever had to depend on it.

I did use my ice ax once for braeking during a sit down glissade down Mt
Shasta.  Better then any roller coaster park, I got thrown out of a bobsled
like run, only people size, all ready to self arrest, but landed on my butt
in a huge sun cup!  I'm still laughing over that one.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---