[at-l] New Gear

In a message dated 9/3/01 9:10:02 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
Logjumper99@aol.com writes:

> I like being
> able to just throw it down anywhere I want to sit without worrying about a
> puncture.  This year I switched to "regular" thickness, 3/4 length ridge
> rest
> and did some hikes, including Knobstone in IN.  It worked just as well as
> the
> thicker longer one.  Cheap enough to try.

I've always loved my ridgerest for just that quality - no worrying about
leaks.  The only thing I'd add is that if you're hiking in sub-zero degree
temps in the snow, you should carry both a ridgerest and a thermarest.  At
least that was the advice I got here after freezing my tushie off over new
years :)

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html