Re[2]: [at-l] Do not park overnight at US 19E in Tennessee.

"...Since this is such a notorious trailhead for vandalism, I'm surprised the
authorities just don't pay someone hang out in the woods and catch the
culprits!"

Perhaps because the "authorities" are also good ole boys, who think hikers are elitest bums who
deserve a bit of harassment and vandalism. However, I parked a car by the trail once and hitch hiked
from there once. Both without incident. Well, the guys who gave me a ride were pretty drunk, but
friendly. They wanted to wait for me while the post office in Elk Park reopened from a lunch break
and take me back to the trail. I figured I had gambled enough going one way with drunks and finally
convinced them I was going to spend the afternoon in beautiful downtown Elk Park and they didn't
need to wait.

One guy bestirred himself from a deep snoring sleep to ask my age. I replied and he announced,
"hell, I could do the trail then, I'm only 63." He promptly fell back to sleep.

Weary