[at-l] Horror tail about parking was Re: Something or other...

Blame this on it being a Friday...

I was running around Charlotte, N.C. picking up odds & ends for my "Summer
of Hiking".  Realized I was running low on gas.  Pulled into a
"in-convenience" store.  Just as I was leaving, saw a lady pull away from
another island with her pocketbook on the roof.  Tried to catch up with her.
Her pocketbook fell off.  Picked it up & continued down the road.  Caught up
with her after she parked in a small strip mall.  No parking spaces left
except...  So I parked there; after all, all I was going to do was run in
and give her the pocketbook.  Came back out and had a $200 TICKET!  GASP!
After picking up some odds & ends and a good pair of boots (and a few
bottles of GUINESS), I felt better.  Next time, I'll mail the thing back.

Guess the Fates don't like people who "hike" to the beat of a different
drummer.

William, The TGIF Turtle