[at-l] Dana packs + gear

Nacona, I think this is the Rocket, and I can never keep straight Dana
Designs versus the new Mystery Ranch... but it's one of them.
Anyway, it was just in the gear review of the latest 'Backpacker' magazine.
It's basically the framesheet and harness, plus a 1500 ci pocket. The
pocket is held by compression straps, in between which you would place your
own self-supplied stuff sack as the main carrying compartment. I believe
the weight was 1.5 lbs without a supplied bag. And yes, I'm intrigued by
the concept...

It appears that the Colorado Trail has relegated what's left of my dearly
beloved Merrill Wilderness boots to be my "trail maintenance boots". In an
effort to fit my skinny, boney, high arched feet I combed through the
Backpacker gear issue, which said that the Garmont Vegan boots fit like
rock climbing shoes. Well, maybe on a bigger foot they do... I ordered
them, and they seem to fit me just fine, with just enough extra room,
although the weight of a pack may lead me to use a slightly thicker insole.
I'll know more when I actually get to hike in them.

For the women on the list, I've heard Osprey packs recommended by other
hikers. I used the Impala in Colorado and was very happy with it, of course
I'm a flat chested, skinny-hipped male... <g>

Now, does anyone know where I can get a tent zipper fixed? I think that
it's just that the sliders are shot, not the zipper itself.

skeeter