[at-l] An article from the Manchester Union Leader today

At 08:38 AM 8/30/01 -0400, Martin Fors wrote:
>North Country wary of more fed land
>
>By PAULA TRACY, Union Leader Staff
>
>PITTSBURG, N.H., Aug. 30 - U.S. Sen. Judd Gregg yesterday assured there
>will be no major strings attached to any federal money he might seek for
>the protection of International Paper Co.'s North Country land.

I did a double take on this because there was a big flap over State
purchase of IP land in the "North Country" of NY just last year.  I've
often wondered how many 'North Countries' there are around the US now I
also wonder how many of those 'North Countries' have an economy that
involves forest lands.

sAunTerer