[at-l] Trip Report: Unicoi to Dicks Creek Gap Aug 25-27, 2001

I am very glad to have been doing Kelly's Knob NOBO. Did I mention how
a sudden flash of light and simultaneous thunder clap "motivated" me to
move off the Knob faster than I ever imagined? It was a long slow climb
up, even with the certainty that it would be the last of the
significant climbs for the weekend.

I do not like that much humidity.

Of course, I left out meeting two older men walking SOBO from Dick's
Creek Gap Monday AM, one for a day hike to Sassafras Gap and the other
just to see how far he would go. The later guy had a cane, and was
doing a pretty good rate up the hill. I don't think they were wishing
they had hiked earlier, but were making the best of their time and
health. I hope I can age with such grace.

Bill...