[at-l] Trail Maintenance-Not AT Specific

ATC publishes a book on this, Appalachian Trail Design, Construction, and
Maintenance. If I recall correctly, the authors urge caution when building
with RR ties and phone poles because they're treated with creosote, which
tends to get into the environment. In any event, the book has detailed info
on step building with rocks and wood.

Robert