[at-l] Dogs & Snakes

>Wonder why most dogs don't seem to know that reptiles [snakes & lizards
>anyway] exist.

Most snakes are themselves odorless or nearly odorless.  Notable exceptions
being the Garter Snake and the Anaconda.  (For those who remember the smell
of the reptile house at the zoo,  Remember that a dirty cage is just that,
a dirty cage.)  Dogs use the sense of smell as the primary sense.  Vision
is Mostly B & W, with motion detection as the more active part.  I remember
our German Shepherd from my childhood that was death to Garter Snakes,  I
never saw her with any other type of snake tho.

Black Wolfe