From: "W F Thorneloe" <thornel@attglobal.net>
To: "Linda Benschop" <lvb@mindspring.com>
Cc: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] at-l Lightening Strikes

I'd like to hear from an electrical engineer, but that sounds a bit - ahem
- spurious. I could see problems working around electrical equipment while
wearing glasses, but one is likely to be a target for a charge as a result
of exposure rather than simply due to clothing. If you are grounded and are
exposed in a charged environment, I suspect the fact that you have glasses
is of little real additional risk.

Nothing wrong with contact lenses or other refractions, just that I
wouldn't toss away my glasses in a storm (unless they fogged up or too much
water on them to see through).

OrangeBug