[at-l] Re: Close brush with lightening on BLOOD Mt.

I heard a storm coming up behind me and tried running up the trail with my
pack.  That did not work, but I managed to get to the shelter before the
really big rain started coming.  Just me and another guy were there in that
nice big "cabin".  We looked out the window and saw a line of T-storms
coming at a level below the shelter.  We could see lightening pop below us.
Then we saw another line coming above us and we could see the lightening in
those clouds.  Next we realized that there was a line coming level with the
shelter.  Lightening above us, lightening below us, lightening around us...

Great show.  Beautiful.  Wonderful.  But both of us sat in the middle of the
shelter & I haven't sat in the middle of a house since I was about 10 years
old and Momma tried making Dad and me sit with her.  That day though...
It's one thing seeing lightening from a distance.  It's another thing
realizing the pop you just heard was from the flash you just saw.  And when
it thunders and flashes so that you can't tell the difference, it's too
close.

William "Bill" Neal
Airport Library -- AC 237