[at-l] Fly-In AT?

>From Weary:
"Despite the name of the company, no planes can legally land in Baxter State
Park. However, there are several flying services that provide a similar
service to hikers, hunters and fishermen. Folsom's in Greenville is the
largest."
I highly reccomend Folsom's, for dropoffs or just sightseeing. Great folks,
excellent piolets and resonable rates. Katahdin Air is newer, on the road
tween Millinocket and Baxter, haven't flown with them, yet. Flying over the
Park isn't banned, but isn't really a problem yet like the constant helos at
the Grand Canyon.
"...and perhaps call attention to resources that would be lost if the planned
dams were built. And yes, the dams were eventually cancelled, though for
reasons that had nothing to do with my story." Isn't there a current
Allagash/dam controversy? Wasn't a dam rebuilt, supposedly to help the river
tourists, but was actually a heavy duty bridge for logging trucks? (at John's
bridge?) And aren't the Fed's upset about it? I listened to folks at Baxter
talking about this, and didn't pay close enough attention, I'm afraid. Would
you fill me in? Thanks, Weary.
TJ < fan of the ongoing soap opera of Maine's north woods.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---