[at-l] Smokies Loop

Hey OB, tell me more about the loop beginning/ending at Fontana Dam.  You
mentioned going up to Spence Field Shelter and coming back via the AT.  Have
you done this loop before?  How many miles was itand how many days did you
take for the trip?  Were there good tent sites on the trail going up to
Spence Field?

I hiked in the Smokies last summer, and got off the AT (going south) just
before Spence Field Shelter onto Bote Mountain Trail and went down to Cades
Cove.  Your trip sounds like a great way for me to catch the section I
missed on the AT, maybe next spring.

Bryan