[at-l] Quit-smoking hike in Georgia

I have a question.  I know..So what else is new?  But there are just so many
brilliant brains to pick on this list!!

Here it is:  I am doing this hike and my dh will be hiking with me but will
have to get off the trail and go to work, probably Monday evening.  (I am
not supposed to mention that he REALLY has to be in court on Tuesday morning
to pay TWO traffic tickets.  I think he is collecting them!)  Anyhow...I
want to stay on the trail until Wednesday evening or Thursday noonish (when
I have to get on a plane to Florida!).  The problem is that we carry a two
person tent and divide the parts  He picked it and it is too heavy for my
liking..especially to carry alone.  Currently, I don't have any separate
gear as I have only done day hikes without him and am trying to decide just
what kind of bedding I should get that I would only use for a couple of days
on this trip and once in a blue moon after  it. (Yes, I know that is a run
on sentence, but I am thinking.)  I am thinking that I may leave a vehicle
where my dh can get off the trail and I can pick up whatever sleeping stuff
and other food etc. I might need.)  I might get a hammock...hmm.  I just
don't want to spend a lot of moula as I don't know if I would like it....Oh
well....can anyone get a question out of that...or better yet...an answer!

Hummingbird (who is currently trying to condense her list bio.)