[at-l] drying boots

ATBOI, I've never tried them, but while this might be okay at the end of a
day hike, I don't think it would work well during a long hike--like trying
to dam a stream with a sponge. Plus, once the cannister is saturated and
heavy with moisture, what do you do with it in the backcountry, throw it in
the woods? Not if you're practicing good Leave No Trace principles. You'll
end up carrying it out with you, and it will be heavier than when you
carried it in. (Plus, your feet will still be wet.)

My advice: Get used to wet feet.

Robert