[at-l] Lister bios

Name: Joan Jarvis

Trail Name: don't really have one tho most people think it's Bluetrail, whic=
h=20
is good as any now that I think of it

Home: Oviedo, FL--on the Florida Trail

Born: Cairo, Illinois (4th generation)

Age: 54

Marital Status:  POSSSLQ  (person of opposite sex sharing same living=20
quarters--sharing for about 5.5 years now)

Kids:  one beloved 15-year-old son--who made the Freshman football team,=20
plays guitar & bass,  loves his skateboard, hates hiking (except for Grayson=
=20
Highlands)

Occupation: official title is something like Project Coordinator for a=20
forensic science organization on the campus of the University of Central=20
Florida

Hobbies: hiking, leading easy hikes for the Florida Trail Association,=20
sometimes doing trail maintenance, camping, canoeing, traveling, reading,=20
entertaining, putting up long-distance hikers on the FT, cooking.  Rode=20
horseback for many, many years--everything from Rocky Mtn horsepack trips=20
(never saw a hiker where we were) to (shame of shames) fox hunting.

Last books read: The Great Flood of 1927 and How It Changed the Face of=20
America. Before that The Orchid Thief.  Now reading Amy Tan's Bonsetter's=20
Daughter and re-reading Wallace Stegner's Crossing to Safety.  Started a=20
women's reading group about 4 years ago.

First time on the AT:=A0 On Standing Indian about 1978, but I didn't know th=
en=20
that I was on the AT.  Then again in 1995 north of Dalton, up on the Cobbles=
.

First hike of AT: north of Dalton--but it was only a yo-yo overnight. =20

Favorite soft beverage: BREWED iced tea

Favorite hard beverage: Champagne.  Followed by Wild Turkey on the rocks,=20
which I have once every 5 years whether I need it or not. =20

Portions of AT covered: NO desire to do the entire AT.  Enjoy short=20
backpacking trips with Jon/Wanchor.  Do hope to thru-hike the River-to-River=
=20
across southern Illinois someday.  (Ancestors settled that land.)

Joan

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---