[at-l] RE: Lister Bios

Name: Jim Bullard
Trailname: sAunTerer (self selected based on the writings of HDT)
Home: North of the Adirondacks, South of the Quebec border
Born: Watertown, NY
Age; 56+
Married (35 years this month) 2 kids (both grown and on their own)
Occupation: Office Supervisor (1 county-3 offices) and Network
Administrator (3 counties-9 sites)
Hobbies: Photography, hiking, photography, art, photography, reading,
photography, genealogy, did I mention photography?
Last Book Read: I can't remember which one I finished last.  I'm usually
reading 3-5 simultaneously (a book by the bed one or 2 in the living room,
computer books by the computer).   Areas of interest; photography (big
surprise), AT Journals, art, history, religion, computers.  A couple dozen
per year.  Yes, I've read the Tolkien books and the Harry Potter
series.  Would like to reread both series  but there's just too many books
out there that I haven't read.
First time on AT: About 3 years ago.  It wasn't exactly a hike.  I was
going to visit my son (he was living in Mass at the time) and I came to a
trail crossing on a back road in NH. I'd begun dreaming of a thru about 3
years before, so I had to do a bit just for the heck of it.
Other Trails: Adirondack 46r #3232, lean-to (shelter) maintainer (11 years
now), anywhere wild and photogenic.  Total miles in the neighborhood of
800-1000.
Favorite soft beverage: Diet Pepsi (caffeine fix) and root beer
Favorite Hard Beverage: None.  I can't stand the smell or taste of beer.  I
drink maybe 1-2 bottles of wine over the course of a year.  Haven't had a
mixed drink in 8-10 years.  Just don't care for what alcohol does to the
way I feel.

Grew up poor miles from anywhere or the Tug Hill Plateau but it was a great
place to learn to love the outdoors.  I learned photography on my own
starting at age 13.  Both taught it and did it in the Army ('64-'67).  Did
4 years college in 3 years after the service because I was married with a
daughter and was looking to get into teaching ASAP.  Graduated just in time
to see the teaching field close up.  Spent 3 *deeply* impoverished years
going from one seasonal job to another and had a son before crashing the
gates of civil service.  Hated the job for years until computers came along
to both make the job easier and to relieve me of some of the bureaucratic
junk while I do network stuff.  Now I'm being dragged back into the
bureaucratic junk again :-P.  Ran for 7 years (including 1 marathon) but
then my knees told me I wasn't built for running.  Have to hike carefully
now.  Was hoping to retire at 55.  Didn't make it.  Was hoping to retire to
another job this summer.  Didn't manage that.  I really want to do a
thru-hike when I totally retire (3-4 more years, I hope, 7 max.) but will
probably end up doing a section hike because I doubt the SO will want me
gone 5-7 consecutive months.

sAunTerer