[at-l] Lister bios

--- rhymworm@mindspring.com wrote:
> In answer to Jim's call for lister bios, I submit
> mine.

What the heck...it is slow day for me... :)

 My biography? Since I am only 27, this biography is
going to be rather short and boring.

Was born and raised in Coventry, RI. A small town in
the smallest state. Grew up in a blue-collar family.
Money was usually a commodity in short supply for my
family,  but we were rich in other ways. There was
always something good to eat in the kitchen or at one
of my Grandmothers', and my cousins and I grew up very
close.  All the money in the world can not equal the
memories of my Grandma's house on a Sunday after
church or the hours spent with my cousins playing at
my Auntie Janet's house at family get togethers.

As part of my blue-collar upbring,  working hard and
self sufficiency were virtues stressed repeatedly.
Left me with a tendency to solve problems on my
own...and a tendency not to seek assistance when I
need it, but that is another story. :-)

>From a young age, have always enjoyed reading, esp.
books on history.  As with many men of my generation,
started tinkering around with computers at eleven
years old. What started off as a hobby would later
become the way I fund my other, more interesting
hobbies.

Nine years of my life was spent attending a small
Catholic school.  Attending Catholic school
accomplished two things; left me with a large amount
of funny anecdotes concerning scary nuns, incense
making me dizzy when I was an altar boy and why I can
not wear navy blue pants to this day. It is also where
I met my good friend Tim. We have known each other for
twenty years now and is one of those friends who is
more like a brother.  He brought me on my first
backpacking trip (the one in Backpacker Magazine where
we got lost! :D ), hiked the last 100 miles with me on
the AT, and went with a road trip with me when I moved
from Rhode Island to Colorado.  Along with are other
other good friend Leo, we have spent more money on
rounds of beer at Dave's Bar and Grill then I care to
think about.

Went on my first trip to the mountains when I was
twelve years old  when  Dad took some rare time off to
help chaperone my Boy Scout troop's annual camping
trip at Mt. Lafayette in NH.  It started a love affair
with the mountains for me that was not re-kindled
until nearly ten years later.

In 1997, I did an end to end hike of the Long Trail,
fell in love with long distance hiking. The following
year, thru-hiked the AT.  After spending a year in
Rhode Island after the hike, needed a change of
scenery and moved to Colorado without after having
visited the state.  The furthest I had been west prior
to moving out here was the western bank of the
Mississippi near Baton Rouge.

History is my first love, but work in the computer
field. Pays my bills, lets me save up my money.
Assuming my savings account continues to grow, will
take another long walk next year.

=====