[at-l] elves

In a message dated 8/15/01 3:04:11 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:

> The Trilogy was our choice for the CDT as well.  It fits well with a long
> hike.

Even though I've read it numerous times, I picked it up again tonight because
I had to go to the laundrymat (my washer is broken still - gggrrrrrrr) and
had no new books handy.

I'm in Rivendell right now - but the journey there - so many phrases and
descriptions of their journey just rang bells all over the place, screaming
"hiking", reminding me of hikes past.  (also reminded me that I'd do almost
anything to meet a man like Strider ;))

Maybe it was a product of an event today - a minor event.  Toney takes Cassy
camping for a week every year - they go camp right off the AT near the river,
dayhike, roast smashmellows and stuff.  I dropped her off today, and as I was
leaving, it started pouring down rain.  I didn't have my rain gear, of
course.  In fact, I had nothing but cotten tshirt and cotton shorts ;)  Good
thing it was a short walk.  So I had to trudge down the AT with the rain
pouring down on me - and I started laughing.  It just felt so damn good to be
walking down the Trail in the rain.  Sure, usually I have a semblence of gear
on me in the rain on the AT.  But still - my whole uniquely crummy day washed
away with the rain, and I smiled.

I don't know if everyone knows it - but apparently there are many parts of
the AT that intersect with Middle Earth.  And when you get there, you'll know
where.

:)

The Redhead

multipart/alternative