[at-l] Need hike planning advice

How about doing Carvers Gap to 19E?

It's one of the most scenic sections on the entire trail and has one of the
best shelters (with a view) in Overmountain.  A little longer than you asked,
it's about 6 miles to the shelter and then 10 to the road.  It's a bit of a
climb the top of Hump Mountain, but all downhill from there, through a
fabulous forest with lots of wild flowers.

Sly

In a message dated 8/15/2001 9:39:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KarenS62@aol.com writes:

> I need to plan an AT overnight hike. I want it to be in NC or TN, 10-12
> miles
> with a shelter or nice campsite somewhere mid-way and decent water
> availibility. I would like it to be not toooo strenuous and to have
> something
> worth hiking to. A falls, swimming hole, view, something worth remembering.
> would prefer not to do a loop hike and am not partial to either north bound

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---