[at-l] Psychology 101

----- Original Message -----
From: <RussDade@aol.com>
To: <bullard@northnet.org>; <elexious48@home.com>; <daredhead@aol.com>;
<at-l@backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: [at-l] Psychology 101

> I'm kind of glad I missed the initial post that was written about Red.
Reading bits of it in the replies of others was enough to make me sick...
> If people want to start calling other Listers names, start with someone
who does a lot less hiking, and helps people a lot less than Red does.
Namely me.
> Face it, I'm a wannabe...

Hey Saunterer

To be so glad that you missed the post, I see that you have reconstituted
the entire thing somehow..  Why are you kind of glad?  You have the entire
post now..  Hello wannabe!

> When you start giving people like Red shit, it just proves how much you
just don't get it... give a darn what you think about me, your opinion has
no meaning to me. The only person I have to prove things to is myself. You
already seem to have proved everything to yourself & are now trying to prove
it to others... Guess what? Nobody cares... Get over it & move on with
life...

Don't get what?  For the life of me I don't remember mentioning your name
nor did I say that I meant to prove anything to others!  Just so you know, I
am moving on with life quite smoothly, thank you.

> Russ
>
> Again, a rude and totally pointless personal attack.  As I read this post
> Red was not suggesting anyone leave the list but merely wondering out loud
> at the anger and arrogance that a few display periodically toward the rest
> of us and the fact that they stay despite their seeming be to antagonistic
> toward the culture that AT-L community embodies.

Kind of like you are doing right now Saunterer?  I must have misread the
beginning of your post where you said that you had missed reading it.  Also,
"pond scum," exactly what "culture" is it that the AT-L community embodies?

  I am a shelter maintainer (Adirondack High Peaks) and
> thankfully very few people who frequent my shelter exhibit your
belligerent
> attitude toward others or I'd quit and tell you to do your own damn
> maintenance (probably concluding with 7 letter word that starts with "A").

I'm so happy for you that you maintain a shelter in the "dacks."  Sure hope
you don't quit.  Service to others can be quite fulfilling sometimes.

 The AT was not built for the exclusive use of
> thru-hikers.   Being a thru-hiker does *not* make you
> anybody special but attacks like the above do make you a JERK!  Grow up.

> sAunTerer

Sure wasn't much of a post saunterer; therefore I can't be bothered with you
anymore this evening...  Have a good one.  Hope your next three-day 22 mile
hike goes well....  ;)

Best

Jack