Re[3]: [at-l] Failing the List requirements

Okay, we are now at the penultimate question posed by Jim and/or Ginny.

I had wrtten, "Perhaps our resident psychiatrist can explain." I wrote in a moment of pique after
Orange Bug had dismissed with contempt, "That is pure fantasy, or pure fabrication on your part,"
an attempt by RnR to rejoin the conversation."

Jim reminds, "His name is Bill Thornloe, Bob – or alternatively “Orange Bug” or “OB”.  You
say “Name calling as part of a debate is counterproductive. I have no idea
why we got into name calling.”

"So why do you think your constant (actually twice) reference to “our resident psychiatrist”
is any less name-calling than if you called him an SOB?  Snide references,
sniping, underhanded remarks, etc – are no less name calling than openly
calling someone an idiot – they’re just sneakier."

I agree. So why? My answer: Orange Bug was doing what Rick Boudrie left the list in protest over. The attempt to
trivialize a serious post by a list participant whose views didn't match those of the
majority, and hence the majority (or a tiny minority leadership of the majority) was determined to
silence.  I figured that someone who had been at
considerable pains from time to time to tell us of his credentials and from time to time used snide
references, could easily stand a snide reference or two.

Weary