[at-l] Discord among the brethren/sistren

I don't want to get off on a rant here (sorry Dennis) but it seems to my
feeble and mostly tired little pea brain that when some come to our
campfire and fire off a few cheap shots, there are those among us who
feel compelled to defend our sacred honor.  Boy, can I relate to that.
But once the fire has been returned and the offensive one repeatedly
returns, each time with snippy little shots meant only to incite more
discord among us, it is time to realize that their intent is only that -
to cause a few of the decent folk to tire of the discord and depart.
Some who remain often find the long pontification boring and
repetitious.  But my point is that the reason for the invasion and
random fire is only to create discord and sour taste.  What AT-L has
that other lists do not is that *camarade* that takes long to develope
and is the very nature of our list.  When we descend to their level,
they win.  They sit and laugh and wait for the next opportunity to fire
again.  (There is no irony lost on the fact that if some listers were to
meet the invaders face to face, they would realize what petty geeks they
really are and wouldn't give them the time of day - let alone hang out
with them.)

Perhaps what seems most obvious to me is that what is said to the
invaders - has been said many times.  Each response had little if any
effect.  Our sacred honor has been defended and we need to ignore their
attempts to disrupt.  So pull on a nomex flight suit with me and pass
the smashthingies.  Let em fire away.  When they are truly ignored - no
matter how they try to jerk the right chain - they will eventually go
away.  Personally I think they have been sent to disrupt anyway but
thats another post.

I not so gracefully return to my lurking mode.  I remain a tired old
alum of the class of '99 - a better person for those I met on the way
and happy to be a quivering heap of beer stained denim.

Pilgrim (in SW Virginia)
Ga > Me 99