[at-l] AT "Church"

In a message dated 8/12/01 8:53:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bullard@northnet.org writes:

<< If you were a Muslim and there was no mosque near your home you wouldn't
go
 to the local Congregational church and try to get everyone there to be
 Muslims.  You'd get together with other Muslims and build a mosque.

   Quickly: I have to say bluntly that don't think persons who try and hold a
true to the Trail's original definition are the ones out of place. The AT is
the Muir like temple and those honoring it are its supplicants. If ATL is a
new "religion" please let me know. (No I'm not slamming ATL, I'm making a
point * please don't make me explain that) If anyone should be insulted or
upset by snide suggestions it would be those who simply try to explain the
Trail's original intent who then get labeled a disruptive radical sect.

    I have to note that I think part of the problem is the repelling reaction
of some who ask others to leave when they get a sniff of what, really, I can
only see as the Trail's foundational concept *** wilderness and its advocacy.
Wilderness and seeking to push a useful involvement for it in man in his
daily actions and mind. I can't understand why persons who are obviously so
Trail interested reject the Trail's core definition when it comes near.