Re[2]: [at-l] "Only viable forum?"

"...If you were a Muslim and there was no mosque near your home you wouldn't go
to the local Congregational church and try to get everyone there to be
Muslims."

God no!!!

But when our little church lost its Congregational minister, we had no problem using a retired
Methodist minister to fill in for a year until the Congregationalists got their act together again.

Have I been "railing at AT-L for not being what...(I)want it to be?" If so, I apologize. I certainly
never intended to. I just say whatever strikes me as important to say at the moment in the context
of whatever discussion that is going on."

I tried to join this list the first time Wingfoot (nut) kicked me off. But being congenitally inept,
it didn't seem to take. My aim had been my aim now. To say those things that strike me as important
to be said, in whatever forum might be available.

That's the attitude I used when I worked for the newspaper. Then as now some resented my approach.
Some tried to get me fired from time to time, including some of my bosses. But I survived for a
quarter century and I think Maine and the trail turned out the better for it. But I'll leave the
ultimate judgment to others.

Just as I will leave to others whether my contributions to the list help or hurt the trail. I, from
time to time, like to take comfort in Henry's comment (that's Henry Thoreau) "a man who is right is a
majority of one." Well, that's probably not precisely what he said, but I have my pickles to care
for. I don't have time to look up the precise quote.

BTW. Can you dehydrate pickles for use on the trail?

Weary