[at-l] ummm

At 05:06 PM 8/11/01 -0400, Jim Lemire wrote:
>...clip...I'm sitting here with a scale and my sleeping bag weighs 3 lbs. Can
>anybody tell me how that compares?

Not bad in my book.  My bag weighs 3 pounds too.  It was the lightest
synthetic I could find for a guy my size.  How big are you?  One
unfortunate part of being a big guy is that I need big gear which
translates to being hard to go light.  One thing that I've noticed is
missing in discussions of light gear is hiker size.  If you are 5'6", weigh
110# you can get some really light sleeping bags and live in a really small
tent.  It's not so easy when you are 6' or more and weigh 250+.

sAunTerer