Why I stick around here.was Re: [at-l] Psychology 101

Why do I stick around here?  Nobody asked but I'm feeling chatty.....

I've found  friendship, love, support, advice, laughter, good feeling
endorphins, and
sheer joy on this list.

I've made remarkable friends who have done remarkable things and have
remarkable
adventures.....something my current family responsibilities preclude me
from doing myself,
much like so many of the people on this list.

I like having remarkable friends.

Holey moley....I'm a groupie.

I'm also a wannebe.  But I don't see that phrase as a negative.  Someday, I
wanna be
a thru hiker like so many of the people on this list.  Til then, I'll enjoy
the afore mentioned
joys and kick in what knowledge I've gained along the way.   I'm really
glad this list
doesn't have a "minimum hiking miles per trip requirement" for membership
cause at my
pace it may get iffy.  I've probably backpacked 5000 miles in my lifetime
but lately, rarely
more than 30 at a clip so I'm really really glad that the only requirement
for membership
is interest in the AT and a desire to share that interest with like minded
people.
I'm safe there....cause I have a whole lotta interest...and I'm usually
willing to share.....
even if it's only a bottle of wine.

multipart/mixed
---