[at-l] Tobacco trail (quit smoking hike)

Hiking gets hectic when you are coughing up a lung from cigarettes. I think that any healthful reason to hike is a good one to discuss. Hell, it is not like we are talking conspiracy to commit a crime here. I have smoked and quit and started up again and quit. The less I think about tobacco, the less I am inclined to have a trip back to the Betty Ford clinic.  I drink large quantities of coffee now to get my drug fix instead of smoking. You substitute one drug for another, IMHO. Tobacco, though, intellectually , is Russian Roullete that only profits Philip Morris and  for-profit cancer treatment companies. When you weigh that against the possibility you may actually live to  enjoy the AT when you are 80 years old as long as you have the vigor to, the  willpower to avoid cigarettes increases.  If tobacco was banned I would not miss it. Let's try to get tobacco outlawed in general.  I think there are other more beneficial smokeable things out there that the government could tax heavily .  Have a good one.

http://explorer.msn.com

text/html (html body -- converted)
---