[at-l] Skippie's going to the woods.

Just a quick note before the T-storm takes us out.  I'm off for a day of
trail mainenance (we are allowed to say that still?).  Will be working on my
section ... on the south side of ...wait for it ... THREE RIDGES ... Will be
looking for those evil penny loafer wearing day hikers that laid that route
and chastise them severally for their efforts.

The lay of the land really allowed for few alternatives after the Blue Ridge
Parkway (not Skyline Drive) took the easy, top of the ridges, route away.
There's no easy way to go down 3,000 feet and then up 3000 feet in 10 or so
miles. Its gonna be steep.  Anyway, my section runs from Harpers Creek
Shelter (HI, Jim) up to Slant/Apple Orchard Rock.  I think Slant Rock is
probably the place you first really "see" the top of Three Ridges and it
does look a little vertical from there.  But, the Redhead is oh so
right...you don't want to lightly decide to do the Mau-Har to avoid Three
Ridges in either direction ... 'bout killed Skippie early last month ...

Skippie...off to whack weeds...HO, HA