[at-l] The word from Felix

He's seen more moose AND yesterday he ran into Felix! Apparently the meeting
 >went something like this.  Jon hiked up to a fellow making camp and spoke
 >with him.  The fellow (Stoat, though he didn't identify himself at first)
 >said, "Felix will be along in a few minutes."  Then Felix pulled in.  Jon
 >couldn't figure out how Stoat knew Jon might know Felix.  What Jon doesn't
 >know is that I've been sending bulletins through AT-L to tell Felix to watch
 >for Jon.  Although Jon had planned to hike on that evening, he decided to
 >camp with Stoat and Felix.  Jon said they talked for three hours and then
 >turned in about 7:00 p.m.  Jon must be starved for conversation; three hours
 >is a VERY long time for him to talk with anyone! But then again, we know how
 >entertaining Felix can be!

FROM FELIX:

 Hey, Joan...please forward this for me...okay?

 The way it really went was some hiker told us that Wanchor was on his way. A hiker that Wanchor
 doesn't even remember meeting. Stoat was sitting down on a rock in the Carrabassett R. and I was
 up at the campsite. (Which, btw...isn't a campsite anymore.) Wanchor walks across the river and
 Stoat tells him that we were waiting on.him. I didn't even know for sure where the Wank was. We
 did have a nice evening of chat. And, I ain't all that entertaining...though, I was recognized by a guy
 in a restaurant in Stratton: "You're the guy that told the Wingfoot joke at Traildays. I've been telling
 that joke for a thousand miles." And, today...I had my picture taken by a bunch of French Canadian
 teenager-girls (Mmmmmm, French Canadian teenage-girls...and their counselors...)  Anyway, it is
 hotter than hell here (there's that cussin'.)  Lots of dry streams and springs...  More later...(I'm at
 Pine Ellis AGAIN!!!)